12th International Conference on Network and Service Management
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Oct. 31 - Nov. 4, 2016

Visa Information

In general, foreign travelers may require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visitor visa to visit Canada. To find out whether you need or not an eTA or a visitor visa, please click here.

If an eTA is needed, you can apply for it through this link. Most applicants get their eTA approval (via an email) within minutes.

If a visitor visa is needed, Citizenship and Immigration Canada strongly encourages applications to be made eight (8) weeks prior to departure. Please note that processing times vary from mission to mission. You can check typical processing times (typical but not guaranteed) for the visa office responsible for handling your visa request. To process your visa application, the Canadian visa office will need your completed CIC VISA application form (see web links #1, #5, and #6), and all supporting documents, including a letter of invitation.

Please do not delay your VISA arrangements if it is needed to enter Canada. Processing times may take a few weeks.  VISA arrangements are the responsibility of the participants.

Letter of Invitation

Whether you are required to have a Visa or not, the letter of invitation provided by the conference organizers assists agents at Ports of Entry to determine that a person is a legitimate visitor that intends to attend the conference.

For authors, invitation letters can be requested through their paper's information page on EDAS. For non-authors, visa letters can only be requested by emailing the chairs at cnsm2016.chairs@gmail.com after registration is completed and payment received.

Some Helpful Links

1. Citizenship and Immigration Canada web site:

2. Information on visiting Canada:

3. Do you need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to visit Canada:

4. Visiting Canada - Important information for visa exempt travellers:

5. Where to send your application for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV):

6. Video Tutorial on completing the Temporary Resident Visa Application Form (IMM 5257)

7. Visa Offices outside of Canada:

8. Application processing times:

9. Canada Border Services Agency:


Organization In-Cooperation With
Technical Co-Sponsors